- UFC close to securing private island for fights: WhiteUltimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White has said the mixed martial arts promotion is close to securing a "private island" to stage bouts for international fighters during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Wimbledon champion Halep is pain-free from foot injuryWimbledon champion Simona Halep is recovering well from a foot injury she suffered in February and is able to run without pain, the former world number one has said.
- Doping: Testing gap due to coronavirus a 'gift' to cheats: race walker BosworthReduced drug testing during the COVID-19 pandemic is like a "gift" for those unscrupulous athletes who will go to any lengths to win and make money, British race walker Tom Bosworth has told The Times newspaper.
- No decision on resuming play before May, says NBA Commissioner SilverNBA Commissioner Adam Silver said on Monday there will be no decision on ending the league's coronavirus shutdown until May at the earliest.
- Silver: No NBA decision until at least MayThe NBA doesn't expect to have a decision about the status of the 2019-20 season -- currently suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic -- until at least May, commissioner Adam Silver said Monday.
- USGA considered December U.S. Open at RivieraBefore the U.S. Golf Association settled on a September date for the rescheduled U.S. Open at Winged Foot in Mamaroneck, N.Y., a backup plan to hold the major event at Riviera Country Club near Los Angeles in December was considered. A USGA executive told Golfweek on Monday of the maneuverings.