- From prayer to boxing: Naples church offers jobless youths lifelineThwacks and thumps echo through the hallway of the 17th century church in a neglected Naples neighborhood as 21-year-old Nico Rodrigues and 20 other youngsters go through their paces in the boxing ring.
- Murray claws out victory to give Britain lead, Serbia winAndy Murray gave Britain a winning start in their opening Davis Cup Finals tie against the Netherlands but only after suffering a huge scare against an inspired Tallon Griekspoor on Wednesday.
- Porsche and Mercedes embark on new era of electric racingFormula E starts its sixth season in Saudi Arabia on Friday with debutants Porsche and Mercedes hoping to carry their respective success in sports cars and Formula One to a new all-electric battleground.
- Boxing: American Martin gets four-year ban for anti-doping violationAmerican boxer Ryan Martin has been suspended for four years by UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) on Wednesday after testing positive for prohibited substances last year.
- Anthony scores 10 points in Blazers debutForward Carmelo Anthony officially joined the Trail Blazers on Tuesday, and he scored 10 points in Portland's 115-104 road loss to the New Orleans Pelicans.
- Hong Kong Open postponed due to protest violence: organizersThe Hong Kong Open golf tournament has been postponed after violence from anti-government protests escalated this week, the Asian Tour and European Tour said on Wednesday.