- Golf: Bethpage Black turns into beast in windy final round at PGABethpage Black turned into a beast on Sunday as a strong and gusty southerly wind whipped across the Long Island course, presenting Brooks Koepka with perhaps the biggest obstacle he needs to overcome in pursuit of victory at the PGA Championship.
- Imperious Nadal fends off Djokovic to land ninth Rome titleRafael Nadal won a record 34th ATP Masters 1000 title with a 6-0 4-6 6-1 victory over Novak Djokovic in the Italian Open final on Sunday.
- Cycling: Roglic emerges as man to beat in Giro after time trial winPrimoz Roglic emerged as the overwhelming favorite for the Giro d'Italia title when the Slovenian won the ninth stage, a 34.8-km individual time trial from Riccione on Sunday.
- Real Madrid end campaign with 12th league defeatReal Madrid's harrowing season came to a fittingly miserable end on Sunday as they slumped to a staggering 12th La Liga defeat, losing 2-0 at home to Real Betis as many fans left the stadium early and those who stayed booed the players off the pitch.
- Motorcycling: Marquez extends championship lead with French GP winHonda's world champion Marc Marquez won the French Grand Prix at Le Mans on Sunday for his third victory in the last four races to extend his lead at the top of the MotoGP standings.
- Pliskova ends Konta run to win Italian OpenKarolina Pliskova ended Johanna Konta's hopes of landing a first claycourt title with a 6-3 6-4 victory in the Italian Open final on Sunday.