- Ohtani named American League Rookie of the YearJapanese two-way standout Shohei Ohtani of the Los Angeles Angels was rewarded for a tremendous Major League Baseball debut season as he was named the runaway winner of the 2018 American League Rookie of the Year award on Monday.
- NBA notebook: Butler to make Sixers debut WednesdayWith his trade to Philadelphia officially finalized on Monday, four-time All-Star Jimmy Butler is expected to make his 76ers debut Wednesday night at Orlando.
- MLB notebook: Ohtani, Acuna named ROY winnersLos Angeles Angels two-way sensation Shohei Ohtani and Atlanta Braves phenom outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr. were named the runaway winners of the Rookie of the Year in the American and National League, respectively, on Monday.
- NHL notebook: Tentative settlement reached in concussions lawsuitThe NHL and attorneys for retired players on Monday announced a tentative settlement in the concussions lawsuit filed against the league.
- NHL's first black player O'Ree still breaking barriersAs the first black player in the NHL, Willie O'Ree's impact on the sport cannot be measured in goals and assists, his contributions by many yardsticks eclipsing those of the hockey legends he will join in the shrine on Monday.
- NBA Reports: Reps working on landing place for Carmelo AnthonyWith Carmelo Anthony's departure from the Houston Rockets seemingly immanent, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports his representatives spent Monday contacting NBA front offices regarding a potential new home for the 10-time All-Star forward.