- Woods and McIlroy to clash in new formatTiger Woods will clash with Rory McIlroy, Jason Day and Hideki Matsuyama in a high-stakes, globally televised golf challenge in Japan next month.
- MLB notebook: Pirates' Vazquez faces additional chargesPittsburgh Pirates closer Felipe Vazquez told police he made sexual contact with a 13-year-old girl, and he now faces additional charges in Pennsylvania, authorities said.
- NFL notebook: Saints mum on starting quarterbackSaints coach Sean Payton is not tipping his hand at quarterback, refusing to name backup Teddy Bridgewater as the starter Sunday when New Orleans visits the Seattle Seahawks.
- Report: DEA joins investigation into Skaggs' deathThe Drug Enforcement Administration is working to find the source of the drugs that Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs took before he died, ESPN's "Outside the Lines" reported on Wednesday.
- Jets limp into Foxborough to face roaring PatriotsTom Brady and the New England Patriots dominated the Miami Dolphins last week, and now the defending champions get another chance to beat a struggling divisional opponent.
- Cahna's 11th-inning double lifts A's over RoyalsMark Canha stroked a two-out, two-strike RBI double in the 11th inning Wednesday afternoon, giving the host Oakland Athletics a 1-0 win over the Kansas City Royals in a game that featured a 28-minute rain delay and a brilliant pitchers' duel.