National Basketball Association
By Mark Janisch | October 19, 2018
- Chasity Melvin joins Hornets' G League team coaching staff October 19, 2018CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Chasity Melvin has been hired by the Charlotte Hornets' G League team, the Greensboro Swarm, as an assistant coach.
- Report: Westbrook could return Sunday October 19, 2018Ruled out for tonight's game with the Clippers, Thunder All-Star Russell Westbrook could return to action Sunday against the Kings, ESPN reported on Friday.
- NBA G League introduces new professional path for elite basketball prospects October 19, 2018NEW YORK -- The NBA G League today announced a Select Contract as part of a comprehensive professional path that will be available, beginning with the 2019-20 season, to elite prospects who are eligible to play in the NBA G League but not yet eligible for the NBA. The contracts, which will include robust programmatic […]
- Dwight Howard out for Wizards season opener with injured back October 18, 2018WASHINGTON (AP) -- New Washington Wizards center Dwight Howard is sitting out the team's season opener because of a lower-back injury.
- Nuggets extend contract of coach Michael Malone October 18, 2018DENVER (AP) -- The Denver Nuggets agreed a contract extension with coach Michael Malone, who was in the final season of a four-year deal.
- Anthony hoping to find rhythm in reserve role with Rockets October 18, 2018For the first time in his NBA life, Carmelo Anthony wasn't a part of the starting five for an NBA game. After logging 1,054 consecutive starts in his NBA career, Anthony came off the bench for the Houston Rockets last night against the New Orleans Pelicans. He finished with with nine points on 3-of-10 shooting […]
- NBA revamps website dedicated to providing officiating info October 18, 2018NEW YORK (AP) -- The NBA is getting even more transparent about the calls its officials make.
- Led by Anthony Davis, Nikola Mirotic, Pelicans' frontcourt dominates in win over Rockets October 18, 2018Can the New Orleans Pelicans' frontcourt keep up this torrid pace?
- Pelicans add guard Tim Frazier, waive Troy Williams October 18, 2018METAIRIE, La. (AP) -- The New Orleans Pelicans have claimed guard Tim Frazier off waivers.
- Pistons play recording of Aretha Franklin singing national anthem October 18, 2018DETROIT (AP) -- The Detroit Pistons honored Aretha Franklin before their season opener Wednesday night by playing a recording of her singing the national anthem.